About the Journal
Industry and problems
The Bulletin of the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering ("Economic Sciences" series) is a specialized scientific edition that publishes original articles features the results of scientific, practical, educational and methodical research on modern economic problems. The target audiences are scholars, government officials, faculty members of higher education institutions, students of all levels of higher education, and business representatives.
By order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated 28.12.2019 No. 1643 "On approval of the Decisions of the Attestation Board of the Ministry Regarding the Activities of Specialized Academic Councils of 16 December 2019 and Amendments to the Orders of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine" Bulletin of the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering (series "Economic Sciences") is included in the list of printed publications found in the List of Scientific and Professional Publications of Ukraine (category "B").
The scientific publication focuses on the following fields of study:
071 "Accounting and taxation"
- The author submits to the editorial board an article that meets the requirements of the journal's policy and the rules for preparing articles for publication. Manuscripts that do not meet the accepted requirements are not registered and are not allowed for further consideration, and their authors are notified accordingly. The article is registered by the responsible secretary in journal's article registration log indicating the date of receipt, title, author(s)' full name, and author(s)' affiliation. An individual registration number is assigned to the article.
- The responsible secretary conducts a preliminary evaluation of the articles received by the editorial office, for correspondence of the content of the material to the journal's subject matter, sends them for review to the members of the editorial board, scientific editors of the sections, and experts on the stated problems.
- All manuscripts submitted to the editorial board are sent according to the research profile to one, and if necessary, to two reviewers. Reviewers are appointed by the Editor-in-Chief of the journal. According to the decision of the Editor-in-Chief of the magazine (for certain tasks), the appointment of reviewers can be entrusted to a member of the editorial board. In some cases, the issue of selecting reviewers is decided at a meeting of the editorial board.
- The peer reviewers for the articles can be both members of the editorial board of the scientific journal and external highly qualified experts who possess profound professional knowledge and experience in a specific scientific field, typically holding doctoral degrees and professorships.
- After receiving the article for consideration (within 4 days), the reviewer evaluates the possibility of reviewing materials based on his own qualifications in the author's field of research and identifies any conflict of interests. If there are any competing interests, the reviewer can refuse to review and inform the editorial board about it. The last question concerns the appointment of another reviewer
- The reviewer, as a rule, makes a conclusion about the possibility of printing the article within 14 days. The review period may vary in each individual case depending on the conditions of the formation results for the most objective assessment of the quality of the submitted materials, but should not exceed 1 calendar month.
- Peer-review is conducted confidentially following the principles of double-blind peer-review, when neither the author nor the reviewer knows about each other. Іnteraction between authors and reviewers is carried out through the responsible secretary of the journal. At the request of the reviewer with the approval of the working group of the editorial board, the interaction between the author and the reviewer can take place in an open mode (decisions can be made only if the openness of the interaction improves the style and logic of the presentation of the research material).
- For all articles submitted for review, the level of uniqueness of the author's text is determined using the appropriate software that shows the level of uniqueness, sources and matches of the text ("Unicheque").
- After the final analysis of the article, the reviewer fills out a standard form (Review Form), which contains final recommendations. The editorial office notifies the author of the results of the review by e-mail.
- If the reviewer indicates the need to make certain adjustments to the article, the article is sent to the author with a proposal to take the comments into account when preparing an updated version of the article or to refute them with arguments. To the revised article, the author adds a letter that contains answers to all comments and explains all the changes that were made to the article. The revised version is provided to the reviewer for making a decision and preparing a reasoned conclusion about the possibility of publication. The date of acceptance of the article for publication confirms the data for the editorial office to obtain a positive opinion of the reviewer (or the decision of the editorial board) regarding the feasibility and publication of the article.
- In case of disagreement with the opinion of the reviewer, the author of the article has the right to submit a reasoned answer to the editorial office of the journal. In this case, the article is discussed at a meeting of the working group of the editorial board. The editorial board may decide to send the article for additional or new review by another expert. The editorial board reserves the right to reject articles if the author is unable or unwilling to consider the suggestions and comments of the reviewers. At the reviewer's request, the editorial board can provide the article to another reviewer while ensuring adherence to the principles of double-blind review.
- The final decision regarding the possibility and expediency of user publication is made by the еditor-in-сhief (or, on his behalf, by a member of the editorial board), and, if necessary, by a meeting of the editorial board as a whole. After making a decision to accept an article for publication, the responsible secretary notifies the author and indicates the expected publication date.
- In case of receiving a positive decision about the possibility of publication, the article is sent to the journal's editorial portfolio for publication in order of priority and relevance (in some cases, at the decision of the еditor-in-сhief, the article may be published out of sequence, in the nearest issue of the journal).
- The final decision on the composition of the published articles is recorded in the protocol of the meeting of the Scientific Council of the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering, which is noted on the second page of the magazine cover.
- The article approved for publication is submitted to the technical editor. Minor stylistic or formal corrections that do not affect the content of the article are made by the technical editor without agreement with the author. If necessary or at the request of the author, manuscripts in the form of an article layout are returned to the author for approval.
- The author of the article is responsible for copyright infringement and non-compliance with current standards in the materials of the article. Both the author and the reviewer are responsible for the reliability of the given facts and data, the validity of the conclusions and recommendations, the scientific and practical level of the article.
Frequency of publication
Collection of scientific works «Bulletin of the National University of Water and Environmental Engineering» Series «Economic Sciences» is published quarterly (4 times a year).